Sunday, March 4, 2012

Saying Goodbye




No time to post, but I wanted to add a few pictures of the going away party at Hope for the Hopeless. I have so many pictures and soon I will come back and write about this day as it was the definitely the most important one of this week.

I posted on Facebook last night and until I have a minute to write something, I  thought I'd just copy it here:

This is our LAST night in Ethiopia... WOW. There is so much to share, but each night we are so tired that we just fall into bed. Yesterday was the going away party at Hope for the Hopeless. Trying to get a few pics up from that. It was a blast- games, songs, cake, campfire, smores, and lots of hugs, kisses and tears. The drive back was quiet as we all were processing the events of the evening. It was the most surreal feeling- how many times have Randy and I driven away from that compound and cried at leaving our kids behind... and this time the crying was different. It was for the life and "family" that Nati and Mihret were leaving behind. And as sad as it was, it was amazing to see God work in their little hearts. It was like that was the turning point for them & they are ready for their new life to begin. Last night and tonight they both wanted to sleep with me in the bed- so so sweet. And as I lay there with my 2 sleeping children beside me- I just thanked the Lord for my now 6 blessings and their daddy that we get to come home to very soon. Yes, it is only the beginning and it will be hard. But right now- I am feeling like the most blessed woman in the world!














3 comments:

Melissa Danisi said...

Just beautiful! Can't wait to see you and meet your children!

Jessica said...

so glad you will be home soon. what a blessing!

Rebekah said...

Oh Candice! I look at your blog and am in awe of our Father! Praise God for bringing your sweet, beautiful children home!! I can't wait to see the pictures of them at home with all of you together. I have been praying for you and will continue to pray for everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...